lunes, 12 de febrero de 2018

To help you to review for the exam

Good afternoon!

Today I've showed you how the exam is going to be. As you just wrote the answers in your notebook, I've thought that it would be useful to have all the text Hendrik has read for you today. Next Tuesday, the exam will be similar to this, you have time to review and ask me any question you have.


Yesterday my grandpa told me he was a time traveller. I thought it was a joke but he show me IT WAS TRUE!!

He took me to the garage and I could see a weird machine. We got into it and there were a lot of buttons. He asked me where I wanted to go and I told him I wanted to see knights. So we travelled to the Middle Ages!!!

1. We landed close to a Roman village. Do you know how I knew it? Because of the language they spoke. Do you know what language they spoke?
(LATIN)

2. We asked them what happened, because they looked very nervous. And they told us that some warriors who came from Europe tried to invade the peninsula and Romans were been defeated. Could you tell me where did these warriors come from?
(GERMANIA, THEY WERE GERMANIC TRIBES)

3. As Romans were losing the war against these warriors. They asked for help to the ......
(VISIGOTHS)

4. As the war was going to arrive to the village where we were, we took our time machine and travelled some years later. We appeared in the same place. Almost nothing had chaged. Somebody told us that Visigoths helped Romans to defeat the Germanic tribes and now all of them lived happily together, Romans and Visigoths. This person was no rich, in which social class do you think he was?
(PEASANT)

5. Visigoths adopted the Roman culture. What three main aspects did they adopt?
(LAW, RELIGION, LANGUAGE)

6. We decided we wanted to see the sea, so we took our machine and go to the south. It was 711 and the war started again. Another group of warriors arrived to the peninsula through the sea. What people arrived in that time?
(MUSLIMS)

7. We had to run away, because we didn’t want to see the fight. We took our machine and we appeared when the Muslims had conquered the whole peninsula. Do you know how long it took?
(10 YEARS)

8. When we landed, we talk with two men. One used to be Christian but he converted to Islam and the other one was still Christian and he had to pay an extra tax. Do you know how did they call them?
(MULADIE AND MOZARB)

9. Fist Al-Andalus had an Emir and then they became a caliphate and had a Calif. What’s the difference between an Emir and a Caliph?
(EMIRMAXIMUM RESPONSIBLE OF POLITICAL TOPICS, CALIPH: MAXIMUM POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS RESPONSIBLE

10. We took our machine again and we landed in 1031. Al-Andalus was divided in small kingdoms. Do you know how they called them?
(TAIFAS)

11. In the north, the Christians where organized in Kingdoms. They conquered the peninsula and it took them a lot of time. Finally, they conquered the Kingdom of Granada. Do you know in what year this happened?
(1492)

12. That year, an Italian sailor arrived to the Peninsula to talk with the monarch. Do you know how they were called?
(CATHOLIC MONARCHS, ISABEL I AND FERNANDO II)

13. What did this italian sailor want?
(HE NEEDED MONEY FOR HIS TRIP TO INDIA TRAVELLING WESTWARDS)

14. He got the money for his trip. Can you paint one of the boats we used to travel to America? Do you know how they call this kind of ship?
(CARAVEL) 

17. I wanted to travel to America. But we didn’t have time. We had to go back home. When I arrived home I took my book and I could see pictures of what Columbus brought from America. Can you paint them?
(COCOA, POTATO, TOMATO, TOBACCO, SILVER AND GOLD)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario